Wednesday, October 12, 2011

ART - Adding some spice to the soup

Last weeks post I talked about doing some style exploration to spice our characters up abit. Of the 6 characters that I showed last week we chose style number 2. I did a few costume variations on it and felt quite comfortable with it.



I really like how its a racing suit, but then with an animal theme to it.


The next step was to put the other animals into the racing suits but the truth was that I wasnt really happy with how they looked. If u just looked at the animals they didnt really make u laugh, smile or anything. So I started resketching them, just doing the heads first.. and then choosing one of those and adding different types of bodies to it.

This process is working pretty good for me and the characters that are coming out are alot more fun to look at.

Monkey


Cat


Mouse Lemur

No comments:

Post a Comment